My little post labor day trip to SLC is a wrap! 1786 miles in the bag. The above is from the data logger that was along for the ride. Look below for the rest of the stats I tallied.
Here is a link to the full res map:
Overall stats for the ride:
- 5.5 days riding
- 1786 miles
- 32 hours moving on the bike
- Furthest distance on the bike in one day: 345 Miles – Far from my record, 485 is the most I’ve done in a day on this bike.
- Longest day on the bike (including stops, detours, photos, etc…): 11hrs. (Which surprisingly is the blue line on the map, which is actually the 2nd longest day, shorter by only 15 miles from the longest mileage day)
- 44.0 Mpg average
- Top speed: -REDACTED- 😉
- Hottest temp seen: 95.1F – Near Moab, Utah
- Coldest temp seen: 41.0F – Near Kremling, CO.
Over the course of the trip, nothing broke, nothing needed to be fixed. I checked the oil @ day 4, and again today, and it didn’t burn any, as its at the exact same level it was when I left. Even the tires are within a 1 lb of pressure of where they were when I left.
The bike didn’t fall at all, and I didn’t get hurt at all.
I did drop my helmet only 3" onto the visor at a stop, and scratched the hell out of the visor… So I had to replace that when I was in SLC. That is really the only casualty of the ride.
For all its quirks, and its riding style for very long distances (which isn’t optimal)… I cant complain at all! I honestly cant believe how sure footed the bike is in virtually all conditions. Even loaded, the bike cut corners more consistently than I ever expected, not even a wobble. Even with the fat rear tire, I was able to consistently clean off any sign of a “chicken strip” on the edge of the tire quite easily. 🙂
The bike looks just like it did when I left, only dirtier:
So much fun! But I got home and had new Ski gear sitting on the counter waiting for me… so I guess its time to indulge in that hobby now 🙂