Last weekend I spent a little bit browsing at Foothills BMW/Triumph. That place is like Willy Wonka’s factory to me. So much I must own 🙂 From the BMW K1600GTL that costs more than many sedans (but looks more comfortable than any car I’ve seen!), to the Triumph Tiger 800 XC.
I sat on a few bikes, and really liked the feel of a Tiger 800 (not the XC as I felt it was a bit too tall for my short build.) I may take one out on a test ride coming up just to see what I am missing out on.
But in the end I know I am just going to keep my Sprint ST for a while longer. Because of that I have a laundry list of fun projects coming up for it.
- Replace anything worn or broken from the last couple years (all those parts are already on their way from England)
- Oil changes, fluid checks, etc… (new Motul 300V and WIX filters in hand)
- Replace the rear brake pads with sintered HH pads ( to match the front)
- Order an LSL handle bar conversion kit to make the ride a little more comfortable for long trips.
- Re-valve, rebuild and oil the front forks. (Via RaceTech valves)
- Potentially ship out the rear shock to get the preload spacer tweaked.
- New tires (Pilot Road 3’s)
And besides that I am looking at getting a new Schuberth C3 helmet, and some heated riding gear.
Going to be an expensive spring for my bike, but I plan for that to be about the extent of the purchases for the bike this year. Since my game plan is to use the bike for probably 2 to 3 week long trips this year, and many day/weekend trips, I might as well make sure it will get me there.