The bike went from no wheels, suspension, bodywork and really most of the accy wires all over… to something looking ready to go.
Today I got a shitload done on the bike after work.
- Installed the new suspension
- lubed the bushings and bearings on the rear suspension
- installed the wheels
- Installed the brakes, flushed and bled them
- Installed new spark plugs
- Installed the controls
- Installed the tank and tested the engine, throttle, clutch, and brakes
- Checked torque on any critical bits of hardware I’ve worked on in the last couple weeks.
The problems though…
- The new bars set as I want them hit the fairing, something easily fixed by a different set of risers, already ordered.
- Clutch cable seems a bit too long, but that may not be an issue with the new risers
- I broke a mounting tab off the inside of the front fairing… some Q-Bond to the rescue on that tomorrow.
All I have left now is:
- Change the oil (you can see the jug of Motul 300V Double Synthetic and Wix high cap filter in the pic)
- Mount the GPS (waiting on a new bar mount for it)
- put the rest of the body work on
- Figure out if I am going to do the VFR mirror upgrade now or wait… I am thinking I may wait… I am ready to be done working on the bike and start riding it.
- getting some 7/8th alloy inserts for the bars to see if I can get the throttle meisters to go back on.